Serial IO MKII
The Serial IO MKII is a telemetry unit targeted at railway applications.
It is suited to the following applications:
Protocol conversion. The Serial IO MKII supports a number of protocols commonly used in the railway industry and it supports a number of different carriers.
It is designed to be very flexible in converting between different protocols and mapping control/indication bits in different scenarios allowing for a solution in almost any situation.
Remote digital input/output. The Serial IO MKII supports 32 opto-isolated digital inputs.
It also has 32 relay contact closure outputs capable of driving track relays directly.
Remote analogue level sensing. The Serial IO MKII optionally supports 8 isolated analogue inputs.
These inputs can measure 4-20mA current loops, ie for track temperature sensors, they can also measure 0-60 Vdc, ie for battery voltage level monitoring.
Alarm thresholds can be set to trigger bit indications, or the full reading can be retrieved.
The Serial IO MKII has the following key features:
Protocol support. The Serial IO MKII supports the following protocols.
- S2 protocol, master and slave. Multiple slave addresses supported.
- Genisys protocol, master and slave. Multiple slave addresses supported.
- Host protocol, master and slave. Multiple slave addresses supported.
- UCE protocol, master and slave.
- NTP protocol, client, to synchronise the internal real time clock.
Carrier support. The Serial IO MKII supports the following carriers.
- Asynchronous RS232, 600 to 115200 baud.
- Synchronous RS232, 600 to 9600 baud.
- Ethernet TCP/IP master or slave.
- Ethernet UDP/IP master or slave.
- VF modem with 600 ohm interface, supporting V.21, V.22, V.23, Bel103 & Bell202.
Digital IO support. The Serial IO MKII digital IO has the following features.
- 32 digital, opto-isolated inputs which can be driven from a large range of voltages.
- 32 digital, relay contact closure outputs, which are capable of driving railway industry standard Q-series relays directly.
- The digital IO connectors match, and are compatible with, the commonly used EDMI RailMaster Compact.
Analogue IO support (optional). The Serial IO MKII analogue IO has the following features.
- 4 isolated 12 bit analogue to digital converters (ADC) inputs.
- Each ADC input capable of reading 0-44v (10mV resolution) and 0-20mA (5uA resolution).
- 4 digital, relay contact closure outputs, with both normally open (NO) and normally closed (NC) contacts accessible.
- 4 digital, opto-isolator outputs.
All external connections are electrically isolated from each other.
Remote monitoring, configuration and even firmware update.
Multi-level SD card and/or remote logging with full time stamp.
Configuration load from SD card for easy deployment.
Low power operation, running from an 8 to 28 Vdc supply.
New Australian design, using new technology, fully supported with customisation available.
Regulatory Compliance Mark (RCM/C-Tick), ASNZS CISPR22/A.
Any control/indication bits can be mapped between any supported protocol and/or digital IO.
Any protocol can run over any supported carrier.
This makes the HASCOM Serial IO MKII well suited to resolve your protocol incompatibility issues.
Note: If either Serial_IO_MKII_Config.exe or SerialIoMKII_FirmwareUpdate.exe does not run on your Linux computer, you may need to install the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)" from http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=5582
Sample configuration files (for config app v1.2 and later):
||Emulate a Railmaster in FEP mode with 8 field stations.
Full duplex modem (V.23 / FSK) link.
||Emulate a Railmaster field station with ID 2.
Full duplex modem (V.23 / FSK) link.
For pricing, availability and to talk to us about your requirements, please contact us.